Lorraine Johnson, CFP®, CFA®, ADPA® Announces Retirement at the end of 2023
It is with mixed emotions that we announce the retirement of a valued member of our LifeTime family, Lorraine Johnson, effective the end of 2023. Lorraine is not only a renowned financial advisor but also a distinguished member of the Women Business Owners Hall of Fame.
Lorraine has been an integral part of the LifeTime team for the past 6 years. Her commitment to helping our clients achieve their financial goals has been nothing short of excellent. During her tenure with us, Lorraine has been an amazing mentor to us all and specifically to our newer advisors. Lorraine has graciously offered to continue in a mentorship capacity for the foreseeable future and we are grateful for that.
A few highlights of Lorraine’s esteemed career include:
- 1984 – started financial career in banking industry
- 1987 – became bank’s regional portfolio manager in the Triangle area
- 1987 – earned Chartered Financial Analyst® designation
- 2002 – became a Certified Financial Planner™ professional
- 2005 to current – Member of the Greater Raleigh Chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Board Member 2009-2011
- 2007 – founded Triangle Financial Advisors
- 2011 – received NAWBO Political Advocacy Award
- 2014-2015 – recipient of the Athena PowerLink® of the Triangle Award
- 2016 – recipient of the LGBT Center of Raleigh’s Distinguished Service Award
- 2017 – merged Triangle Financial Advisors with LifeTime Asset Management
- 2018 & 2023 – appointed by Governor Cooper as member of The Supplemental Retirement Board of Trustees
- 2022 – inducted into the NC Women Business Owner’s Hall of Fame
“I am very grateful for the opportunities and mentors I’ve had throughout my career. In particular, founding Triangle Financial Advisors in 2007 was a great challenge and privilege. When I merged Triangle Financial with LifeTime Asset Management in 2017, I was purposely putting a transition plan in place. I researched literally every independent financial planning and investment firm in the Triangle area and chose LifeTime as the company whose advisors would care about and take care of my clients the way I have,” said Lorraine. “The past 6 years have confirmed my decision. I am confident my clients are in very capable hands with LifeTime’s team of experienced, dedicated and professional advisors. The recent Raleigh’s Best award is a testament to that fact. I am looking forward to having more time for family, friends and hobbies. I’m also happy to say that I will continue working with the LifeTime team in a mentorship role.”
As we bid farewell, we celebrate her well-deserved retirement and wish her happiness and relaxation as she embarks on this new chapter of her life. To honor Lorraine’s incredible contributions, we will be hosting a retirement celebration in the Spring of 2024. We hope you will join us in showing your appreciation for Lorraine’s dedication and achievements. Further details will be shared in the near future. Meanwhile, we wish her all the best in her future endeavors.